Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm back! Layla 10 Months

I was at my First Time Mom's group (FTM) that meets every Wednesday and we were talking about blogging. I really felt the need to come home and try to be more consistent on mine. Mainly because I cannot not remember what happened yesterday! When I began my blog we did not have internet yet in my new house so I will use that as the excuse as to why I did not stay consistent.

Layla is 10 months and is everywhere! Getting ready while she is awake and Lucas is not home is pretty much a joke. I know because I tried this morning. She is obsessed with the toilet. WHY the TOILET?? Gross . She also is pulling up on the tub while I am in the shower trying to press the whirlpool button. Our biggest battle is the bookshelf in the living room. She wants to pull everything off and that is one thing I refuse to give into. For the simple fact that I get tired of picking the books back up! Ten months began the weaning process so she is only nursing 3 times a day now. She doesn't seem to mind dropping that feeding especially since she is getting a sippy cup with a little juice instead. :) At 9 Month check up she weighed 18 pounds and was 27 1/2 inches long. She is in the 50th% for both.

As for Lucas and I...His job is going well. We have been seeking God about our next step as a family and are excited about the future. My groups that I have been attending this semester are coming to an end in a couple of weeks. They have been great because I have been able to meet some amazing women. Not sure of many plans this summer other than vacation the second week of May. Did I mention my baby will be a 1 year old in a couple of months! WOW.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture of you three!!!
    Glad you are back! I had your page bookmarked and had just checked it a few days ago wondering if you had given up! ;)
    Wow! I can hardly believe Layla will be 1 so soon!! Its hard to imagine Noah at 1!! It seems he may have her beat very soon in the weight and length department! He is 17lbs and 4 oz and at 26 inches!! He isn't even 5 months yet!!
    Well I'm glad you decided to give blogging another try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK that was me, Evie, that commented. I don't know why it says Jeremy.....hmmm

    ReplyDelete