Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not so Wise Baby today

From the second Layla was born, I have followed the BabyWise series on scheduling with a sleep, eat, wake cycle. This has been wonderful for Layla and she caught right on with the nighttime, sleeping though the night at 7 weeks. Then naps became very easy around 5 months. Sometimes as with every baby I am sure, Layla has what I like to call her not so "Wise" days. Today was definitely one of those. Everyday Layla goes down at 10am and gets up at 12pm and then goes back down at 2pm and gets up at 4pm. This usually happens like clock work and I can always plan my day with consistency. Of course there are times when she does not get both naps but I try to be home on those days so she gets at least one long nap.

Today, the weather was beautiful and I wanted to go shop at The Avenue in Collierville. So like usual, I put Layla down about 9:45 and wanted her to get a good nap because her second nap would be back and forth in the car. Guess what...10:30 she wakes up and refuses to go back to sleep. Well, I didn't want to stay in all day so we went to the mall anyway and it was just about miserable. Layla was fussy but I refused to get her out of the stroller knowing once I got her out she would never go back. The problem being is that she CANNOT sleep in her stroller. She wants to watch way too much stuff! So we only stayed about an hour and a half. When we left, she was asleep before we got out of the parking lot. Hopefully tomorrow will be more like our routine day and we can both be a little happier :)

I am blaming this whole fussy day on teething. She should be getting her top two teeth anytime now. She has had the bottom 2 for about a month so I expect the others very shortly. If day time sleep is all we are having issues with...I for sure have no reason to complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment