Monday, April 19, 2010

MONDAYS: The day I get my life back together :)

I love Mondays! They are always very busy but probably my most productive day of the week. The weekends are usually chaotic so Mondays are spent putting the pieces back together. Plus I try to get as much done on Monday so Layla and I can just play the rest of the week!

We had a great weekend. After Friday at the pool, we were playing with Layla at home and she took her first two steps. They were totally accidental on her part, but they were 2 unassisted steps. I would say that she will be walking by a year. Saturday we spent the day vegging out and then had dinner plans with some friends at Bonefish that night. It was one of Lucas's coworkers and his family. We had a great time. They are so sweet. We have really been blessed with the people that God has connected us with since moving to Memphis. I don't care what people say about Memphis, this is a great city with some great people :) We did not get Layla in bed until 10pm but she never fussed about it. She sat in her highchair throughout the whole meal and never made a peep. She is a sweet baby. Sunday we went and bought some mulch and flowers and did some yard work. Amazing what some fresh mulch and flowers can do for a place. I went with the purple and yellow color scheme and plan on getting some pics up soon. After a day of work we ate dinner at our favorite place- J Alexanders. We were worn out and went to bed pretty early!

Today was a normal Monday for us. Laundry, making baby food, trip to Walmart, pay bills, and I also try to be home so Layla can get her 2 full naps. She is usually pretty worn out from the weekends. I am also trying to catch up on some scrapbooking. I am doing one for Layla's first year of life with a break down of every month. My goal is to have it complete for her first birthday party so that family can look back through it and remember how much she has changed. Her personality is really coming out and she is doing more and more everyday to intentionally make me laugh. She brings me so much joy and I thank God for choosing me to be her mother. Every night when Lucas gets home she crawls as fast as she can to meet him. I know this just makes his day too. God truly gave me more than I could of hoped or imagined when he gave me Layla as a daughter. She is such a gift to our family. Maybe one day we will have another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment