Monday, April 26, 2010

Any ideas on easy healthy food and snacks?

Since Layla is growing and her tummy can tolerate pretty much any kind of food, I have been trying hard to find healthy snacks other than puffs or crackers. It is still somewhat a challenge because unlike most babies her age, she still only has two teeth. Lately I have introduced to her the YoBaby yogurt and she LOVES it. I found something at Kroger today that I thought would be easy. They are called Cuties. They are tiny mandarin oranges (fresh not canned) that are perfect for her to pick up and eat. I also cut them up with some strawberries and mixed them with cottage cheese today for snack. I didn't think she would eat the cheese but once she got used to the texture she seemed to like it. I bought the small curd cottage cheese so that probably helped.

I am trying to transition into preparing less "baby food" and working her up to being able to eat more "table food". So my question for all you mommies, that have WAY more experience than me in this area, are there any good resources that I should be checking into? Any blogs, books, or websites about this topic? I know when I started making her baby food the wholesomebabyfood.com website was extremely helpful and I know that these same people have wholesometoddlerfood.com.

My problem is being creative when it comes to meals. So please give me some suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment