Layla's little personality is really starting to come out. She has discovered things that make me laugh and she does them to get a response from me. She will roll weird on the ground, or make a funny, noise, grab me real tight, dangle my earrings, pull on my hair, or play peak a boo over the shopping cart when I bend over. We have been having so much fun lately! Every month I say this but this has definitely been my favorite age yet :)
Speaking of shopping carts, today at Target she learned how to stand up in one. This was a nightmare! She almost dove out about 5 times. I thought for sure I was going to be on the Memphis news for child abuse or something! At this age I try not to over do the "Nos" because if I did I would probably be saying it all the time. Plus I want Layla to know that I mean business when I do say "NO". When it comes to things that are dangerous (like standing up in the shopping cart or bath tub) I have to use "NO". Needless to say, Layla had a little melt down in Target but recovered quickly :)
Shopping is so much different than it used to be. I am so happy to have Layla as my side kick but shopping is now WORK! No such thing as an enjoyable stroll through a store. I think it will be very interesting as our family grows and I have more than one to keep up with. Anyway, now Layla is catching her afternoon nap. We will be packing for a weekend to Murfreesboro. We will be devoting this time to Lucas's family. We are shipping up crawfish from Louisiana and will be boiling it on Saturday. Yummy! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment