Friday, April 30, 2010

10 Month Summary for Layla

As we are at the last day of Layla being a 10 month old, I will give a quick summary of what this month has looked like for her.

Eating: Layla loves to eat! This has been a month of transitions for her. I am now nursing 3 times a day. At the beginning of the month I dropped her 4pm nursing. She now eats fruit or yogurt when she gets up from her afternoon nap. Layla refuses to nurse if we are in public. The nursing cover totally distracts her and all she wants to do is play peek a boo with it. So I have offered her cow's milk a couple of times in a sippy cup when we have been out. She is still not very interested in it but she will learn. I also have tried to start making less "babyfood" and just feeding her what we are eating at dinner. We did that all week and it has been great! She is eating things more chunky. Amazes me that she does so well because she still only has 2 bottom teeth. It takes a little more planning ahead on my part to make sure that we are eating things for dinner that she can have but we need to eat better anyway. We are also no longer doing the Gerber Baby Oatmeal but real plain instant oats in the morning. I am still mixing fruit with it and she loves it!

Playing: Everything is going good in this area. She is still crawling everywhere and I have even caught her a couple of times crawling back to her room to play with things in there. She still love books, and claps and dances along to music. We still do no movies or tv shows. She is totally not interested and that is fine with me. There is not much benefit to them anyway. Her favorite thing to play with is her little pink baby doll stroller. She uses it as a walking crutch to get from one place to the other and also loves pushing it fast out on the concrete. She also is still fascinated by animals, especially dogs.

Sleeping: Sleep is great. No issues here. She goes to bed between 7:30-8 and wakes up at 8am. She is still taking 2 naps a day. 10-12pm and 2pm-4pm. Sometimes they are longer than the 2 hours. I think all her moving is wearing her out.

Communication: Layla uses momma and dada very clearly now. I am still having a hard time getting her to sign back to me. I have been doing "all done" and "more" since about 7 months but still have not seen much results from that. She will get it one day. She waves to the dogs on a regular basis but not much to anyone else. I can also tell she is trying to repeat me sometimes, her words or tone is similar to the ones I just used.

Milestones Reached: Besides getting really fast at crawling, Layla has also perfected the cruising. She moves fast around the room from couch to couch and toy to toy. She stands for about 10 seconds independently and has gone from the sitting to standing position without holding on to anything once. She took a couple steps independently on accident from Lucas to me. In no time she will be walking! And I am not ready for that. Layla has also learned to crawl up stairs, so I have to keep a close eye on her. One more thing that she has discovered this month is opening and closing cabinets, drawers, and doors. She has also unofficially reached the 20 pound mark, according to my scale. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment