Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Layla attends Gracie's birthday party!






Layla and I went to a Gracie's 7th birthday party this morning. Gracie's mom Tori, was one of the first people that I met when we moved into our neighborhood. Since meeting, Layla and I attended a weekly bible study at Tori's house. Without a doubt, God brought Tori and her family into our lives. We have had some great "spiritual" discusions as we studied through the book of James and I believe that we were all challenged in our faith. As you know, if you ever study James, that book will really mess you up :). I have to give a plug to David Platt and the Brookhills Church in Birmingham Alabama. If you are ever looking for good sermons to listen to online I would listen to these. David is a great teacher about Radical Christianity. This is where our study came from. We listened to a sermon each week and then followed his small group study guide for discussion.

Back to the birthday party...We had a great lunch and it is always so cute to see all the little girls having fun. All the girls were asked to where their "Sunday Best". Tori is SO creative and she had cute little flip flops made for all the girls. Layla wanted to get down and run around so bad but she did very well staying in her highchair. I was taking some pics for Tori, and Layla grab a hold of a plate with cake on it and got a handful of green icing. When I turned around it was all over her dress, face, and hands. Guess she liked it. As I am typing this I can hear her playing in her crib when she is suppose to be sleeping. Guess all that sugar is catching up with her. Wish she would take a nap because I would kind of like one too :)

1 comment:

  1. i know david platt! i've been to his church a couple of times. he is so good! their church does a thing called secret church and he preaches for like 5 hrs straight or something like that. :)
    -jessi ryan

    ReplyDelete