Thursday, April 15, 2010

Is it summer already??

Man has it been warm here lately?? I can't imagine what summer is gonna feel like if it is already this warm. We have had a busy past couple of days. Yesterday morning we went to the zoo with some friends. We have a membership for the year so it is a nice thing to do when the weather is nice. When we got home I cleaned while Layla took a 3 hour nap. She missed her morning nap so she was playing catch up. Did I mention how nice it is to have a child that naps. Makes for a much happier baby, therefore a happier momma too! I was exhausted when bedtime came last night!

This morning I went to the last meeting of my Beth Moore study Breaking Free at my church. I know I have mentioned this before but this study has truly been life changing. I am so thankful that God led me to this study at the time in my life that I needed it the most. After that, Layla and I had lunch at McCalister's (Love their Tea) then we went and bought her some new shoes. These are like "real" shoes. The shoes that are good for babies learning how to walk. I will have a pic of them up soon. There is a store in Collierville called Jackson's Shoes where they fit them and everything. After that Layla got to test out her new shoes when we met GiGi (my aunt Lynn) at the nursery to pick out some flowers for her backyard. She was giving me tips on what would be pretty where in my yard. But that is definitely something I will have to do while Lucas is at home on the weekend so I have a little extra help. Layla is now down for a nap and I am hoping she is not too sunburnt when she wakes up! All these activities remind how thankful I am for a faithful God to be our Provider and a great husband that works so hard so that I can spend everyday at home with Layla. What a blessing it is and I will cherish these moments for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment