When I first heard Layla cry out this morning, I rolled over, looked at the clock and it was 9:15am. Right on time I thought. Today I am thankful for sleep and a child who sleeps! Let's face, the world is a more decent place when most of us get our sleep. I used to require a good 12 hours but since motherhood that has definitely changed. No doubt that Layla got her parents "love to sleep" genes. She has been sleeping through the night since 7 weeks. As I am beginning to think about a second child, I am reminded of those middle of the night nursing sessions. How in the world did I function on such little sleep??
So today, even if it is only until my next pregnancy with all the middle of the night bathroom breaks, I am thankful for SLEEP!
No comments:
Post a Comment