As we are almost through this month of thanks, I must give credit to the man in my life. My husband. This January we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary as a dating/ married couple. We will celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary this May 15th. WOW how time has flown by. I met Lucas in high school. Well...let me back up. We went to middle school together but I don't remember him, although he remembers me. Sorry babe. Anyway, our junior year is when we started dating. I always say that I knew within six months of dating that he was the man that I was going to marry. If you ask him, he will tell you he thought otherwise. But I just knew. Because we married so young we have experienced more as a marrid couple than most at such a young age. We got married in 2004 while we were both still in college. Since we have been married we have lived in 5 different house (2 of which we owned) and 3 different cities (Murfreesboro, Memphis, and now Atlanta). We both have bachelor degrees from Middle Tennessee State University and after 5 years of marriage we added our daughter Layla.
Let me just say that we have had a lot of changes in 7 years. We are definitely not the same people that we were when we met our junior year of high school. There was something from the very beginning that attracted me to Lucas. I could tell from the beginning that he was loyal, trust worthy, protecting, and committed. I knew that when he made his mind up to do something, he was going to do it and do it the best that he could. I also knew that when it came down to it, he lived his life to please Jesus no matter the cost. Looking back now over these last 10 years, I can say that I was right in everyone of these areas. Through Lucas's love for me and our daughter and has been the best human example to me of how far and great Jesus's love is for me. He challenges me to be a better woman and to chase after the things that I believe in.
Lucas, my life would absolutely not be that same without you. I have become a better person while knowing you. You truly are the greatest man I know. God had a plan when he brought our lives together and so far it has been more than I could ask or imagine. I am so thankful for you: my husband, father of my child, and my best friend! I am looking forward to living everyday with you. We make a great team!
Love you!
LK
No comments:
Post a Comment