Monday, November 1, 2010

Circle of Life

Lucas flew out today so that he could attend the funeral of a man who played a very special role in his life. After Lucas's mom died when he was very young and before his dad remarried, Lucas spent a lot of time with an aunt and uncle, Terri and Marty. Marty's dad, Oneal, was like another grandfather to Lucas. Although Oneal had been quite sick for some time, his death was somewhat unexpected. It was because of Oneal and his family that Lucas is an Alabama fan instead of an LSU fan. Since he grew up in Louisiana, that was a big deal! I was able to meet Oneal and spend a little of time with him when he was healthy. I know that he was very special man to a lot of people and I know that he will always hold a special place in my husbands heart and therefore mine too.

I always try to remember when anyone elderly dies what a gift we have in our children. When God takes away, He always gives. Thank you God for sending us people in our lives that leave a positive impact for generations to come and help us to be diligent in teaching our children the things that are really important in this short life.

No comments:

Post a Comment