Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 28 of thanks

As the 30 days of thanks is coming to an end, the last 3 days will include the things that I hold most dear to my heart. My life would not be complete without these things.

On day 28 of thanks, I am most thankful for my healthy, smart, beautiful daughter. I once heard another woman say that she has not yet been able to find the words that properly express the feelings she has for her children. I can say that is absolutely true when trying to express the feelings that I have for my daughter. She makes every second of every day that much more worth living. Having her in my constant shadow definitely challenges me to be a better woman in every way. I know that God has great plans for her life and although I hate to see time pass so quickly, I am excited to see how He is going to use her to impact His kingdom. I pray daily that my desires for her life will not get in the way of His, but that I will be able to train her up with a heart after Him.

Layla Kate, you are truly a gift to my life unlike any gift that I will ever receive again. I thank God for you daily and consider it the highest calling to be your mother. Thank you for making me "momma". I love you more than any words can express!

No comments:

Post a Comment