Yesterday a very important member of our church lost his battle with cancer but won the battle of eternity in evelasting life with Jesus Christ. Doug Nickerson was a sweet, sweet man with a wonderful family. What I will remeber most about Doug is his love for his grandchildren. Every Sunday without doubt, I would glance across the sanctuary always to find one of the babies curled up sound alseep on his chest. He definitely had the magic touch:)
I am most reminded today that I am thankful that life on this earth is not our final destination. It is only a minute of eternity. Although life on this earth was too short for Doug, our time in eternity will never cease. Thank you Jesus for sacrificing your life to give us everlasting life with you.
We will see Doug again and in the meantime I pray for his family and that God would give them peace to get through this hard time.
No comments:
Post a Comment