Today it was so nice to have a Sunday to be at home and do "normal things"! As I have mentioned, we have been visiting churches in the Atlanta area. There was one church that we kept coming back around too but were really avoiding it because it falls into the "mega church" category. For my Murfreesboro friends, it is comparable to World Outreach...probably bigger. The name of the church is Buckhead Church and the pastor is Andy Stanley, the son of the famous Charles Stanley. It is a non-denominational church. The Buckhead campus, which is about 10 miles from our house, is a satellite of the main campus in Alpharetta, Ga called North Pointe Church. After we visited this church, my list of places to visit was over. Let me just say, as hesitant as we were, WOW we were blessed!! The music was top notch with some original songs, the speaking was fantastic, and the Children's area rated in the 10s!
Although Layla did cry when we left her, we were never called to the nursery. We haven't sat through a complete service since we attended our church in Memphis. When we picked her up they said she calmed down some and played independently for a bit but she was crying again when we went to get her. I know it was because she saw all the other parents and wondered where hers were. The crying doesn't bother me and I was so thankfully for the nursery workers and their handwork in tolerating my child.
So for this phase of our life, we might just be "mega church" goers. I know when we get involved in smaller groups, we will love it. I just can't be a pop in pop out church member and it would be so easy to do in a church this size.
I am looking forward to spiritual growth in 2011. God knows exactly what we need and he always supplies it.
No comments:
Post a Comment