Thursday, January 13, 2011

Atlanta Snow 2011

So today is Thursday, and it was Sunday night that Atlanta got a big snow. I would say it was close to 5 inches. As I am typing this I have the morning news on and some parts of the interstate are still icy!! People are STILL having problems getting too work. Too say that the city of Atlanta is not prepared for this weather would be an understatement. It has not been above freezing temperatures since the snow so now everything is ice. We live "intown" and have yet to see a road that has been salted. We were totally not prepared because who believed we were going to get this much snow?? We ventured out to the grocery store yesterday, only to find that all of the shelves were pretty much empty!! They said that they had not had a truck since before the snow. Today could be the day of melting! It is suppose to get 33 degrees! WOW.

Although the city has pretty much shut down to this point, we have had A LOT of fun. It began Sunday night with the boys staying out until after 12 midnight to play in all the fresh snow. They had a blast! Of course the moms had baby duty but I didn't mind too much:) Then Monday we met up with some of neighbors, who happen to be some of our favorite people and went sledding! I can't remember the last time I went sledding but Atlanta is a great place for it. There are hills everywhere! I did take Layla in the snow. She wasn't too much of a fan. She has got too much of her momma in her too like cold weather too much. Her and baby Kyson were both perfectly content to watch along from their strollers where they were bundled up!

Here are a few pics from our snow days. Now we are just ready for it to MELT! Be Careful everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment