Thursday, January 13, 2011

She's Back!

Earlier in the week, I think I said on Facebook " whoever took my sweet child please bring her back ASAP because her replacement in about to drive her daddy and I crazy!". Well the good news is she's back!! Layla did cut a tooth but Lucas and I have also shared a horrible cold and now I believe that Layla caught some of it too. For the past week, everything has been a throw on the ground fit with constant whininess. Lucas actually told her at one point that if she didn't straighten up, she wouldn't get a brother or sister:) It was one of those weeks where you re-evaluate everything and wonder "have I totally screwed up as a parent the last 19 months???".

Today was a NEW day! Our sweet, loving, mild mannered daughter has come back to us and we couldn't be more thankful. I think God uses the hard times to humble us and remind us not to take for granted what good a child we have!

New things Layla is doing this week:
She is hiding things in random places, even between her legs and then holding out her hands and saying, "where did it go?". What a fun game!

She is holding out one hand and waving towards herself as if to say "come here".

She can do the motions to If Your Happy and You Know It. The cutest part is when she throws her fist in the air and yells "Amen!".

She cups her hands around her mouth when she is yelling for something.

She is talking up a storm and sometimes I feel like we are actually having a conversation!

And finally, she has become so polite. She says please and thank you almost all the time without being prompted. Very sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment