Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What did she say??

To say that Layla is speaking a lot of gibberish these days would be an understatement. It is one of my favorite things about this age. I love listening to her when she doesn't know. She is just telling whatever stuffed animal or toy what life is really all about and it is just adorable. She is such a little momma already.

BUT.... There has been more than one time when Lucas and I have looked at each other and said, "what did she say"??? What I am talking about is "bad words". Let me just say that Lucas and I have pretty clean language but we do get excited sometimes. (Don't we all?). The word that we use most is "crap". Well, guess what we have heard Layla say? "Oh Crap!". So now my now my mouth is on super sensor. There have been other phrases that Layla will say that sound like a lot worse words than crap. Although she most definitely has NOT heard any of those from me :). Her aunt Natalie has been teaching her to say to the dogs, "Scout sit". But after we heard her repeat it once, we all decided that would be a phrase we would teach later when her words were a little more clear.

Kids (even 19 month olds) sure do pick up on everything, words and actions. I love teaching Layla knew words. What a fun age this is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment