I am a follower of Beth Moore's blog. I am one of many women who are huge fans of hers. I did her Breaking Free study last year when I was living in Memphis with a group of ladies from the church we were attending. It was a life changing study for me. I am not sure whether the study was life changing or if it was just exactly what I needed at that time in my life. Either way, I have been following her blog ever since. She is a great teacher with a sense of humor in which I can totally relate!
Anyway, Beth is huge on scripture memory, for obvious reasons. Her challenge for her blog followers in 2011 is to memorize 2 scriptures a month, one on the 1st and the 15th. She even sent us all (8,007 of us) a cute little spiral notebook to record all of these in and carry with us to meditate on them. Our memory verse can be ANYTHING. She recommends for us to find a scripture that relates with whatever we are dealing with at this particular time in our life. So, I thought I would share with you my two scriptures for the month of January. I would also like to invite you to join me in this challenge and watch how God uses the power of his word to change your heart and mind!
Jan. 1st verse:
You crown the year with your good blessings, and you leave abundance in your wake.
Psalm 65:11
Jan 15th verse:
(29) And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word. (30) Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus.
Acts 4:29,30
Here is Beth Moore's blog:
http://blog.lproof.org
This is awesome Lori! I just added her blog to keep up with it and plan on doing this challenge as well. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete