We left Atlanta at 6am this morning, flew into Denver, had a 45 Minute flight delay and 2 hour time change. We arrived in Bozeman Montana at about 10:30am then drove an hour to our cabin in Moonlight Basin. The farthest west I have been (besides Hawaii) is Oklahoma so the only mountains I have seen is east Tennesee and North Carolina. Let me just say WOW! No words can describe what these mountains look like in person. They are truly breathtaking!
After getting settled in, the boys hit the slopes while the girls relaxed in the hot tub. I am feeling the effects of the altitude with just a lingering headache but that could be because of the long day of travel too! Tonight we are taking a snow cat (not yet sure what that is) to the top of a mountain where there will be a bonfire and sledding. Then we will be heading inside for a hot meal! Then, tomorrow SNOW SCHOOL DAY ONE. I wish I had a secret camera because I know it will be very entertaining!
More update on my first day on the slopes tomorrow.
I miss Layla like CRAZY and have already shed a couple of tears. I am just trying to remember how good this is for the both of us. Plus, she is having a blast! Boy will she be bored when she gets back to Atlanta!
Say a prayer for me on the slopes tomorrow that I don't break any limbs and don't make too big of a fool of myself:)
No comments:
Post a Comment