Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Breaking out of her shell

Today was Layla's 14th week of music class. Every class the teacher (Mrs. Laurie) offers for kids to take turns coming to sit in her lap and repeat different notes after her. Layla has always been a participate but never went for out of reach from me. Today when the teacher took volunteers, a couple of boys went and then out of know where, Layla popped up from my lap and went and plopped down in her teachers lap! I was so proud I could have cried. For those of you who have not spent much time with my child, let me just tell you that when I am around she usually goes to no one else. Today, she seemed like such a big girl! My eyes did get a little watery. Having a child has done this too me, I can totally cry at the drop of a hat! Anyway, when she sat down in her teacher's lap, the teacher looked at my wide eyed with a huge smile because she was just as shocked as I was! Layla did not repeat any of the notes after the teacher, although she listened very closely and repeated them to me when other children were taking their turn. THEN, three more times Layla wanted to join her teacher throughout the class. At the end, when all the children are hugging Mrs. Laurie goodbye, Layla walked up to her, held up her hands so that she would pick her up. She spent a few minutes in her arms, until I went to get her to leave.

WOW, what a huge deal for my little girl. Maybe the mornings in the nursery are paying off and she is learning that others can love on her almost as good as her momma. I am so proud of my baby and what a sweet spirited little girl she is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment