Friday, January 7, 2011

Should I, or should I not???

Although Layla has never really been "crying in the middle of the night" sick, she has had a couple of spells usually following cutting a tooth where I question whether or not I should take her to the dr. Well this week she has cut another tooth, her top left pointy one (cuspid I think it's called). With that tooth came drool and snot and now following the drool and snot we have MORE snot, coughing, swollen eyes, and a little fussiness. She looks today as if she has been totally beat up. Although she was a good sport for the most part, I could just tell she felt horrible. Which makes me wonder am I too conservative when it comes to medicine and going to the doctor? Maybe she has caught my cold? So today Lucas talked me into getting her some medicine. Now I am questioning whether or not I should have taken her to the doctor before the weekend. I just don't think the doctor would be able to do anything for her. She is eating, drinking, sleeping, and has no fever. I just wish there was some black and white guidelines on when you need a doc and when you don't. I guess at this point I will continue to trust my gut!

Here's to hoping I have a well child tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. If you read my blog about a month ago, you know I share your sentiments. It is so hard to know what to do, and they are soooo pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way! Especially when they are so little and can't verbalize how bad they feel or what exactly is wrong. I hope Layla feels better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. try benadryl. and my rule is 48 hours with a fever and 2 weeks cough and snot before I take them to the doctor. I usually have them take a few doses of benadryl to see if that dries everything out. MS

    ReplyDelete