Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Days of Thanks...Day 14

Today, i am thankful for our YMCA membership.
Layla has been very clingy since she has gotten over being sick.  I was at her beckoning call for about 4 days and she thinks that I still should be.  I am trying to get her back into our routine of life which included a trip to the YMCA after her dance class this morning.  It only makes sense to me...An hour for Layla to exercise and an hour for momma to exercise:).  She fought me on going into the childcare at the Y, but once I was out of sight I saw that she stopped crying when I peeked in on her.  This meant an hour and half for me!  Obviously, I choose to be a stay at home mom and I would not trade it for the world,  but on a day like today, it was wonderful to have this time to myself.  I watched the Cosby show while I did my cardio and then took my time lifting weights.  After about an hour and half, I went back to pick up Layla. She was  happy and I was happy.  Perhaps, we both needed the time apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment