Friday, November 11, 2011

30 Days of Thanks 2011... Day 11!

I think that it is only appropriate that Veterans Day happens to fall during my 30 Days of Thanks every year.  Today, I am thankful for all the people who are or have sacrificed in someway for our GREAT country.  We are so blessed to be born in the United States and although our economy is suffering we are still the wealthiest country in the world.

I remember today specifically, my grandfather and my cousin.  My grandfather was one of the highest ranking officers in the Air Force during World War II.  His time there has very much shaped the man he is today.  I love to listen to him tell stories about the things we only read about in history books.  While we give thanks for him, I think it is equally important to mention my grandma who made different, yet equally as important sacrifices for our country while my granddad was in the service.

My cousin is also in the Air Force and just got to come home from his 5 years in Germany.  It is also neat to hear his stories and see pictures of his experience.  Thankfully, his is home safe and sound.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all the men and women and their families.  You are brave and make us proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment