Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Days of Thanks... Day 3

It all started like a normal Thursday. Layla was acting a little extra lazy this morning, but not anything too extreme. As I got her out of the car at church, I was carrying her as she layed her head down on my shoulder. Next thing I know, she was throwing up down my back. Poor thing, I then put her down in the parking lot and let her finish. She never cried and when I asked her if he was ok, she replied with her sweet little "yea". I then decided we couldn't stay for mom's group so we left. On the way home, I stopped by a gas station to run in and get some crackers, Sprite, and Gatorade. We were in there for maybe 2 minutes and somehow she managed to throw up in there as well. I had to take her to the nasty public restroom to let her finish.

After that, we cuddled on the couch for the next 2.5 hours and then at nap time I put her down and she slept for almost 3 hours. She woke up feeling pretty warm so at this point I finally decided to treat her with some Tylenol. An hour later she was a DIFFeReNT child. Then of course, I felt guilty for not giving her the Tylenol sooner. Maybe this is another episode of teething throw up like we have had before???

That leads me to what I'm thankful for today. The ability to be with my child whenever she is ill and not have to make any phone calls or pull any strings to make it happen. It is not that easy for every mom and I definitely don't take it for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment