When Layla is here with us, I am always thinking of life in the here and now. When she is away I tend to get pretty sentimental about how quickly she is growing up. The reality is, our job as parents is to teach and train them to be independent of us. That is tough on a momma's heart sometimes to think about as our future, when all I want to do it keep her tucked under my wing as close as possible. In saying that, it sure does bring my heart joy to hear how she is well behaved, mannerly, and others think she as cute as I do when she is not with me. I think it also gives her a chance to put in practice the values her daddy and I are trying to teach her.
Although we miss her a ton when she is gone, it is definitely healthy for our family for us to be apart. Lucas and I practice loving life with just the 2 of us and Layla gets to learn to love life independent of us. It is hard to imagine what life was like before we became parents. When we were married before kids I never viewed our house as quiet but now that we have Layla, when she is gone there is definitely a void.
We are looking forward to having her back home but until then we will stay up late, sleep in, eat out for meals, and watch a movie in the middle of the day:)
On the way to TN!
Granna had to buy her this jacket because I did not pack enough warm clothes...ooops!
No comments:
Post a Comment