Wow! What a great weekend we had! It began Friday afternoon with a family trip to Ikea. We went to look at their patio furniture and although we did not buy anything, a trip there is always an adventure! We woke up Saturday morning to sunshine and what was expected to be 70 degree weather! I decided enough was enough, I was tired of looking, we had to buy a table for our deck so we can sit outside to eat. So we finally decided on one at Lowes. I will post pics as soon as I get done "decorating" the deck. We spent every meal at home outside with music. Layla loves it and so do Lucas and I :) After a nap we ventured to the park and played for about an hour while Lucas was with some friends watching Bama play in the SEC tournament. We had a great time but unfortunately Bama lost, putting them out of the tournament. Saturday night, we walked to our neighbors and had a HUGE cookout. They had outside ping pong, which was a hit with Lucas. Layla had a blast playing with all the kids and I had a great time getting to know some great people in our neighborhood. Plus the food was excellent. With the time change, Layla finally crashed out about 9:15pm, so we decided that the usual early service at church was probably not an option. As expected, Layla slept her 12 hours and we went to the 11pm service. We are still so thankful that God led us to Buckhead Church. We look forward to every Sunday and it is a perfect church to raise our family in. Then Sunday afternoon, Lucas played softball with the neighborhood team. They won! Thankfully, the spring team is so far proving themselves much better than the fall team. Layla LOVES watching her daddy play softball! Afterwards we all headed to a local pub for some dinner with the team. We ended the evening with our walk home to work off all of the food we ate.:)
It was a perfect weekend with my 2 favorite people and many others who I am growing fondly of very quickly. Hope your weekend was enjoyable and relaxing as well. I know I am worn out and will be hitting the sack very soon. I will leave you with a couple pics of Layla:)

Yay for Sunshine!

Model Pose

Layla would not leave the house without her purse. This is her and Lena playing with her necklaces at the cookout.

Above: Who knew pebbles could be so much fun??
Below: Layla and her BFF Kyson at the ballfield.
No comments:
Post a Comment