Friday, March 18, 2011

Projectile Vomiting and Couponing

Last night I signed up to attend a coupon seminar through the website Southernsavers.com. What a great way to spend St. Patty's day huh? Actually, I had even forgot that it was St. Patricks Day and didn't even dress Layla or I in any green which added more laps to run and more push ups for me at Stroller Strides. Oh well, I probably needed it.

The afternoon went on as usual until Layla only slept about 45 minutes. When I got her out of bed she was kinda whiney and clingy but we then went to the park with a neighbor and she ran around like a wild child. After we got home, Lucas and Layla went to Chik Fila while I was getting ready for the seminar. When they pulled into the driveway, I met them on the front porch and Layla's clothes were wet from her neck to feet. Uh Oh. Lucas said, "she threw up everywhere". She hadn't eaten much that day by choice so it was mainly liquid but definitely made some distance in the car. She was also burning up with a fever. So we gave her some Motrin and I left her with daddy. She eventually broke her fever and chowed down on some Chik Fila then went to bed and slept all night. I guess our next round of teething has arrived. Looks like the bottom left cuspid is going to be the next to break through. Lucas's mom said that his brother and sister both threw up every time they cut teeth so maybe it's in her genes.

Other than waking with a low grade fever, Layla has been very happy today. I actually didn't put her down for her nap until 3 because she was having such a good time playing independently. Of all the hours that I spend with Layla, I missed her first real "throw up" and I have to admit I was kind of sad about it! I guess as a momma we feel like we should be the ones to comfort them when they are sick and their bodies are doing things that scare them:) I am sure I will have many more opportunities in life to share these moments, probably sooner rather than later when the right cuspid decides to make his appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment