Monday, March 21, 2011

I WILL Win!

Layla and I are in a nap battle and I will most definitely win!! My perfect little sleeper has suddenly decided that she is too big for naps! But I am here to gently inform her that she still has plenty of napping years ahead. She is still very consistent with her 12 hours of sleep at night. Since the time change we are doing 8p-8a. The most I have gotten out of her for a nap the past week or so is about an hour. After reviewing my Babywise "rules" I have come to realize that this is probably all my fault. Up until this point I have been pretty rigid with our schedule: lunch at 12, nap at 1 with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions a week. Another method that we used in sleep training was "crying it out" and I have recently been more lenient in this area because of Lucas working from home. Before now, Layla was in her crib from 1-3 whether she woke up 15-30 mins early or not.

Today I didn't put her to bed until 2:30 because she was playing pretty well and I was getting a few things done. She slept for a total of 20 minutes so I don't even need to tell you how our evening was: WHINEY. Layla is definitely a baby who THRIVES with a routine and I have messed her up.

So to say all this, tomorrow is a new day and nap time sleep REtraining will begin at 1pm EST. :) I will let all of you know how it goes in a couple of days. Wish me luck and say a prayer for Layla!

No comments:

Post a Comment