We had some special visitors this week. Lucas's parents and brother and sister came to visit for a few days. Yesterday we went downtown and had quick lunch at the CNN center and then went to the Coca-Cola museum for a tour. The weather was beautiful and we rode Marta to downtown and back since Abbey and Grant had not done that before. Layla loved the museum. Luckily it wasn't crowded so we let her out of her stroller and she was so happy to walk freely. They had a human dressed as a polar bear like the one on the commercials. It was about 7ft tall when it stood and Layla was very interested. We waited in line for a photo op and she could not wait for our turn. I thought for sure she would get scared, but we took a picture with it, she hugged it, gave it a fist bump and a high five. Maybe a trip to Disney is in our near future?? Unfortunately the pic of us got accidentally deleted from our camera but I am going to get one from the Coke website. Another part of the theater was a 4D movie where the chairs moved and they shot water and blew air at us. Layla only lasted maybe 5 mins and then she went out with Lucas. I think the screaming scared her the most. To end our museum tour, they give you a cup and you can taste the different flavors of coke they make all over the world. This was very cool and of course Layla loved trying all the sugar filled drinks. She was literally bouncing off of things afterwards. No trip would be complete without a gift from the gift shop. Granna bought Layla a stuffed polar bear which she loved. Lucas and I added to our ornament collection with a coke can ornament. After the museum, we had dinner at Fox Bros which is always yummy.
Granna and Papa left this morning and took Layla with them! She will be spending the weekend in TN and I will go pick her up Monday. I already don't know what to do with myself. I keep thinking she is asleep upstairs. Lucas and I are looking forward to spending some time in Atlanta with some friends and no kids this weekend, and I know Layla won't have time to miss us!
Here are some pics from yesterday!

Granna and Layla waiting on Marta

Walking through downtown..backwards because it was windy.

My mini me:)

YAY for Coca-Cola!

Aunt Abbey!

Testing the coke. Definitely the most she has had in her lifetime.

Tried to get a family pic but she was full of sugar and tired of pics. Oh Well!
Looks like you guys had a great visit!! Layla is getting so big! She is just beautiful! I just love her curls!
ReplyDeleteAre you taking a break from Facebook? I haven't seen you on there in a while! I remembered your blog so I feel caught up now! You guys have any plans to visit the boro soon? We miss and love you guys!!