Friday, January 13, 2012

What we have been up to since Christmas


Visiting Mrs. Katie on her 30th Birthday.  Layla got to help Lucy with her bottle and dance almost naked with Henry:)

Jason, Robin, and Layla's cousins Reese, and Gavin came to Atlanta to stay for the weekend to see baby Annie for the first time.  While they were here, we took the kids to Build a Bear.  This was Layla's first time and she seemed to like it.  She chose her bear and then chose the ballerina clothes to dress her in!


While we were at the mall, they still had the train going so the kids went for a ride.  Reese (8) & Gavin (4) with Layla.
 When Jason and Robin went back to TN, Layla hitched a ride back and spent the week with Granna and Papa.  I had only intended on her staying a couple of days but because of their work schedules, they asked to have her all week for more time.  Layla had a BLAST as always and I also enjoyed some R&R.  I had big plans of productivity but that didn't happen.  Lucas and I ate out all week and saw a movie and I DID spend all the gift cards I received for Christmas while she was gone:).  Here is a preview of how her week went.
Granna always wears a robe so she bought Layla one while she was there.  Layla says, "it has pockets just like Granna's". And instead of calling it a robe, it is a "robot".


Cousin time!  As you can guess, they were about to watch Ariel!

Speaking of Ariel...Did I ever share with you guys about ordering The Little Mermaid for Layla from "Santa"?  Well,  the movie has NEVER come! I actually filed a claim on Amazon today.  We ended up renting one from Blockbuster for her to open on Christmas morning.  We are going to have to be better at this whole Santa thing next year.  
Lunch with Papa at Demos. 

Granna bought her this dress.  I think she wore it to "Papa's church" on wednesday night

While they were at Demos, they also ran into Layla's great granddad!  I am not quite sure that she recognized him:) 
A trip to Granna and Papa's is not complete without Nani!

Friday night movie time with the grandparents

They were watching Lilo and Stitch.  Papa has "Woody's hat" on.
 Lucas picked up Layla in Chattanooga on Saturday morning while I taught my class.  She was happy to be home but I know she had a great time!

You can't tell that much in this pic but Layla is wrapped in a blanket like a baby.  She wanted to be like baby Hamilton.

Layla's game day attire.  In case you haven't heard, Alabama won the National Championship.
Last time they won..Layla looked like this!  7 Months old.
ROLL TIDE! 

We have tried to see baby Annie as much as possible without disturbing Aunt Natalie's rest.  This was taken yesterday and she will be 3 weeks old tomorrow.  My baby holding a baby doesn't seem right. Annie was very alert and in a great mood!
We have had a great couple of weeks just trying to get back in routine since the holidays.  We have a pretty busy springtime ahead of us with more baby cousins being born and weddings.

As for Lucas, he is still working hard at growing his company.  I am proud of him and his hard work.

I am just trying to be the best wife and mom that I can be.  I am so glad that this is the season that God has me in.  I could not be happier.  For "me time" this year, I am still teaching my 3 spin classes a week.  I am also venturing into other areas of exercise.  I attended my first Hot Yoga class last night and loved it. I look forward to doing more yoga in general.  I also will continue to attend our mom's group at church every Thursday morning and my book club the last Tuesday of the month.  There are a couple of service opportunities at church that I would like to get involved in but I am still praying about what that looks like for this year.

TGIF Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment