Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Big girl pants

So Layla has been potty trained now for about 8/9 months. Up until this point we have been lifting her up on the toilet.

Today, I was taking a shower and Layla came browsing in telling me she had to go potty. That was no surprise, she usually gets the urge when it's just the two of us and I'm in the shower. Anyway, I told her to hold it for a second, that I was almost finished. When I looked over she had dropped her drawers and was schooching herself up onto our big toilet. She went potty, then reached for the toilet paper, wiped, then jumped down and pulled up her pants! Of course, I got excited so she wants to do it herself all the time now. I do follow up with a wipe here and there but how nice it is that she has accomplished this task on her own.

Go ahead and laugh that this seems like big news to me but our little girl is just so big and amazes me everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment