What a fast week!
We started the week with dance class and then hosted a playdate at our house with 4 of our neighbor friends. It was a great time for the kids (and moms) on a rainy Monday. It was so fun, we are meeting again tomorrow, just at a different house:)
Monday night, we were heading over to aunt Natalie's for our Monday night tradition of watching the Bachelor. Guess who answered the door when we rang the bell?? GRAMMY! Layla was so excited. She had tried to come by earlier in the day to surprise us but we weren't home. So now we were really surprised! Natalie and Chris had gone to TN over the weekend and grammy hitched a ride back and was here for the week. That meant that a normal week, now had a few more plans:).
Layla spent the night at Natalie's Monday and stayed while I taught my Tuesday morning class. Then we all headed to lunch date which included Katie and Lucy. A grandmother, 3 moms, and 3 daughters. It was girl heaven and Layla was surrounded by BABIES! She was on paci duty when ever it called. Have I mentioned how blessed I am to have a daughter? I can't imagine life without one.
Wednesday was a chill day, We shopped a little and had lunch. Then Natalie, Grammy, me, and the kids headed to dinner since the men were working late.
Thursday and Fridays were busy days for us. I had committed to keeping baby Hamilton (8weeks) since his mom was going back to work and he wasn't starting day care until Monday. It was about 8am-6pm both days. He went to our moms group at church with us on Thursday and Music Class on Friday. We had a great time and he was such an easy kid. It was a great way to see what life with 2 would be like. It was ALOT easier than I thought, but you must remember that I wasn't sleep deprived like I would be if he was mine.:) I even went to the grocery store with the two of them. Layla is at a great age. There is not a shred of jealousy in her when it comes to Hamilton, Annie, or Lucy. She is very gentle, sweet, and helpful. Maybe I'm ready to venture in that direction??
Saturday, Lucas and I decided we were going to treat Layla to a new movie. We had grown a little tired of the regular rotation and thought it was a perfect day for a family movie. She wanted to buy Cinderella but we had to somehow explain to her that it was not out of the Disney vault right now:/. After looking through several movies at Best Buy, her hand landed on a Barbie Princess movie.....NO! I eventually sold her on UP because of the balloons on the cover. Daddy also through in the Hunchback of Notre Dame because it is one of his childhood faves. We loaded up on candy (mini M&M's and PEZ, Layla's choice) at the check out aisle and then headed home to watch the movie.
Have you seen UP?? It is a little sad. Over the weekend we probably watched it 3 times and I think I got a little teary eyed each time! What a great movie with some very funny parts. Layla loved it and actually sat through most of it, which was nothing short of a miracle. It was definitely a great addition to our DVD library.
We started today by heading out to church. Anytime, we listen to worship music or christian music in general, Layla calls it "church music". We had tried to remind her that it is music about Jesus, but to her its all the same. Nothing is more precious than my daughter belting out "Oh happy DAy...When Jesus washed my sins away!" She loves that song along with "Stand Up for Jesus", & "Who Built the Ark?". She even throws in her own renditions like "Zip up, Zip up for Jesus" when zipping up her coat. Then one day, we were getting coffee at the grocery store and she added "Coffee for Jesus" all in the same melody as the song. A woman in the coffee aisle laughed out loud as Layla and I talked about whether or not we thought Jesus drank coffee. He was a busy guy who ran on little sleep...my bets are he did.
Anyway, after church as Layla napped, I went on a run with my neighbor. It was a beautiful day and we had a great run. I felt awesome and refreshed and was very thankful that I ditched my Sunday nap and ran instead. Now time to relax with my hubby.
Have a great week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment