Wednesday, January 25, 2012

we have created a monster

Every day since Disney, Layla says, "I go back to Disney World. I get pen, I get book and I go back to Disney World!".  When she says pen and book, she is talking about her autograph pen and book.  Since she says it so much, we have been replying with, "call granna, papa and grammy, granddaddy and ask them to take you!".  She has asked both sets of grandparents, a couple of times! We have been watching a lot of Disney movies.  Her favorites this week are The Lion King, Mary Poppins, and Beauty and the Beast.  She has pretty much forgotten all other tv shows.  She knows the characters, the songs, and can tell you what is coming up next.

It is hard to explain the death of the dad in Lion King.  She is confused because Simba grows up to look like his dad so she is confused about which one is the Lion King.  When Simba finds his dad dead and yells, "Dad dad!" Layla yells with him.  I am dreading the day she has to experience the death of someone close to her.  I pray that it is not until a day when she has a good understanding about Jesus and eternal life.  Right now, I just tell her that Mufasa is with Jesus like Maggie (family dog) and that Simba will get to see him again (like in the vision in the movie).  What a HARD concept for a two year old, but it seems to satisfy her questions...for now.

Layla, we WILL go back to Disney World. But not until you are three or four:).

No comments:

Post a Comment