February: I turned 27. We had a fun, VERY COLD week in Montana. Layla threw up for the first time in her life from cutting a tooth and got a black eye.
March: We took our first lake trip of the year with Natalie and Chris. Granna, Abbey, and Grant came to visit Atlanta.
April: Lucas turned 27. Layla freaked us out when she seriously choked on a chip. Layla and I took a trip with Grammy and Aunt Natalie to Destin. We celebrated Easter and Layla was potty trained.
May: We spent a lot of time in the fountains at the park and at the pool. Layla and I visited Murfreesboro and I ran my second half marathon. Then we all went back to watch my sister in law, Abbey, graduate from high school. Layla started talking in 2/3 word sentences.
June: Layla turned 2! Found out that we were going to have a new niece in December. Lucas moved into his office outside of the house. More fun at the lake and pool!
July: Ran my first Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. Layla and I took a trip to TN and then headed south to Baton Rouge for PawPaw's birthday.
August: More pool time. Friends Jake and Amanda visit Atlanta. Layla got a viral case of the hives, which caused us to take a visit to the dr. First "non routine" visit of her life. Visited TN to watch cousin Reese participate in her first "triathlon" and celebrate 8th birthday.
September: Layla started her first year of ballet. She learned how to "spell" our last name. I took a road trip to Memphis for a wedding while Layla stayed with daddy!
October: Enjoyed the month of no travel by celebrating fall with all the fun activities. Also had many baby showers to welcome the new little ones!
November: Went to TN for Gavin's 4th birthday and Natalie's baby shower. Went back to celebrate Thanksgiving and then started our Disney trip!
December: A week in Disney World. Christmas parties. Baby niece, Annie, is born Christmas Eve. Layla's first Christmas at home. At a great party with neighbors to bring in the New Year!
We had a very blessed 2011. I love looking back on a year and seeing all the unexpected things that happened. God always knows just what we need exactly when we need it. He has blessed our family beyond measure and we look ahead to a new year to excited to see how he is going to work out every detail.
I pray that this year, being rooted and established in love, that my family would be able to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know that this love surpasses knowledge -that we may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power at work within us.
Eph 3:18-20





No comments:
Post a Comment