Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kids remember everything!

We were in the burbs today visiting a khols and it was lunch time. There was a McDonald's close by so I decided we would just drive through there. Layla has probably been to McDonalds about three times in her life (including today) so I didn't expect her to know what I was talking about when I told her where we were going.

As soon as I mentioned the word McDonalds, she yelled "like Woody!". So of course, I am digging through my brain thinking what is she talking about and why is she making that association?? Then she sang, "chicken, French fries, and chocolate milk" in a familiar tune.

Then my light bulb went off! The tune was the song "Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, McDonalds, Kentucky fried chicken, aNd Pizza Hut!".

Let me make the connection for you...
On our third day in Disney, we attended a dance party with the gang from Toy Story. Woody danced very excitedly to the "Kentucky Fried Chicken" song with hand motions and all. It probably lasted a total of 5 mins and Layla wouldn't even dance to it without me holding her!

So today, when she heard McDonalds, Woody dancing is what came to her mind.

She made me laugh out loud when I figured it all out. She amazes me with her memory of even the smallest details. Love that kid.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment