Monday, January 30, 2012

They keep us humble

After dance class today, Layla and I headed to a playdate at our neighbors.  Layla was acting all out of sorts.  She was very whiney, very selfish, and just plain ugly.  Basically, she was acting like a snotty nosed, two year old.  There was one toy that she continued to throw a fit about and so I gave her an ultimatum.  Either she cut it out or we were going home.  Two minutes later, we were packing up and heading home.  When we got home, she continued to throw her fit.  I ignored her for a bit and when it seemed that she was winding down (after about 15 mins), I sat on the bottom step and asked if she was ready to talk to mom.  She then dried it up, and came and sat in my lap.  We had a somewhat intelligent conversation about the rules of life and how we act and treat people.  After it was said and done, she went and played with her things.  About 20 minutes later, I was doing the dishes and she came walking in and said, "Momma, I share".  I just smiled and said, "yeah baby, that's right".

Life is rough for a two year old.  Sometimes they have to test us to see if we are going to follow through on what we say we are going to do.  This time we both passed the test:).

No comments:

Post a Comment