First, I want to say that a post about our vacation along with pictures are coming soon! I just have to find a minute to upload pictures. Life is always crazy busy after you return home from a vacation.
This weekend my Uncle Keith (uncle here in Bartlett) is graduating with his bachelor's degree from Union University. This is very humorous because he has been working as a Nurse of Anesthesia for about 25 years. When he got his RN back in the day you were just required an Associate degree and now you have to have a Bachelors degree. So in order for him to advance anymore in school (Master's or PHD) he had to go back and get his Bachelors degree. So that is what he has done and has finished. To say all of that, his dad and wife (My granddad) are in town visiting and they are staying with us. Granddad will be 88 in August and is retired from the Air Force where he was a Chief Master Sergeant (VERY high rank). They live in Smyrna, about 15 minutes from Murfreesboro, so we get to see them occasionally but not enough. So their stay has been very enjoyable and he has great stories to tell. It is a joy watching him enjoy Layla. Not many people get to spend time with their great grandparents. What a blessing. We are celebrating the graduation with a big party tomorrow so I am sure that there will be pictures to follow.
This weekend reminds me of how important family is and how much we can learn if we will listen. Yes, the times back then were VERY different but we still need to value advice and knowledge that our elders share. I am grateful for my Godly heritage, and what I will get to pass on to my children. I pray that my parenting will be so that my children wish to pass some of my wisdom on to their children. What pressure to know that the example that I am will affect my family generations to come, in a positive or negative way. When I am living in eternity all people are going to remember are those sort of things anyway! I pray everyday that God would give me guidance in these things.
Hope everyone is having a refreshing weekend. This is the last weekend that we will be "living" in Memphis. We are leaving Thursday or Friday to head to Murfreesboro for Memorial Day and Lucas flies out to NYC at 12:00pm on Monday. Definitely, bittersweet but the road ahead is SO EXCITING! Pray for us :)
No comments:
Post a Comment