Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Forgot what it was like!!

Today was probably the longest that I had been away from Layla during the day since she was born. Sad I know but that is how things are when you are breastfeeding. Layla has been taking or leaving the lunch time nursing so I didn't think she would miss me if I wasn't there. I left her about 11:00 and her grammy fed her lunch at 12:00. She then went to bed about 1 and slept till about 4 which was about the time I got back home. I had several things to do in preparation for our vacation and I also had a Mother's Day present to buy since we aren't going to be in town for that.

It was so nice to be able to jump in and out of the car and run from one store to the next. Layla is not necessarily a bad shopper but it is just different toting along a baby. I took my time looking at make up and trying on as many pairs of sunglasses that I wanted :)(Didn't buy either but it was fun to look). We were both happy to see each other when I got home. Living in a different city as grandparents has it positives and negatives. Not having someone to watch your kid while you can have "me time" is definitely a negative. I took every advantage of the opportunity today and enjoyed every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment