These were my stats:
Overall Pace: 10:39
5K time: 29:53
10K time: 1:01:50
10 Mile time: 1:42:34
Overall I was # 9,259 out of 21,944 runners.
As I had mentioned before I am training for a 10K on July 4th and I broke my goal during this race for that so I will be reevaluating how fast I think I can be. My next race is this Saturday (5K) and my goal for that is to beat 29:00. It's pretty hilly & hot so we shall see if that happens.
![]() |
| Jessica and I after the race |
Enough about me. On to the cute member of our family.
After the half on Saturday, the Kairdolf family had their annual crawfish boil. That meant playtime for the cousins and relaxing time for the adults. As always it was super yummy and made me thankful to be married into a cajun family:)![]() |
| Yummy! |
| Layla loves her Granna! |
| These two are just so darn cute. Playing with trains. |
I was worried how the trip would affect Layla's potty training, but overall she did pretty well. I am glad to report that huge improvements have been made since the last update. She is no longer going on the potty in the pantry. She is now in panties full time wherever we go, even Music Class with the carpet. Her fear of public potties has gone away for the most part which makes being away from home possible. Of course there are still accidents but she is about 90% on the potty. I still have to prompt her or just take her to the bathroom. Sometimes she has peed just a tad in her panties and stopped it and said "potty" so at least she is trying to give me a heads up. I am so proud of her and how quickly she has caught on. Layla really has made being a momma easy:)
We have been enjoying this warmer weather and spending a lot of time outside with our friends. Sunscreen included, of course.
![]() |
| Playing in the water at Piedmont Park. Weren't prepared with bathing suit. Lucas called her a redneck:) |
![]() |
| Some of my Stroller Stride friends at the beautiful Atlanta Botanical Gardens |
![]() |
| Testing out the headphones in the car. She finally got brave enough to put them on. |
![]() |
| At our neighborhood play group on the hottest day of the year. This is not her bike and helmet but perhaps she needs one:) |
This last bit is for my granddad who enjoys Atlanta Braves baseball. We came upon some free tickets, so we got a sitter and Lucas and I had a date night. We had great seats, almost caught a foul ball, and the weather was perfect. I see many more fun times at Braves games when Layla and our future kids are older:)
Happy Friday the 13th Everyone!
![]() |
| Stadium was so empty! |
![]() |
| Love this man:) |








No comments:
Post a Comment