I have been a bad blogger lately and I am blaming it on a book. I am re-reading Redeeming Love for book club this month and I am captivated by it. What a fantastic story of God's love for his children and how he can redeem us from whatever our past may be.
Here is what we have been up to!
Because of the cool weather, we decided to take Layla bowling for the first time after church on Sunday. She knew before she got there, after watching youtube videos, that she wanted a purple ball! Luckily, they had one and she got to use it. Even if it did weigh 15 pounds!
 |
| She is still into "posing" for pics |
 |
| Size 8 Bowling shoes are ADORABLE! |
 |
| Pushing it down! |
 |
| "Go Ball!" She even bowled a strike once! |
 |
| CHEESE!! |
We had a GREAT time and she can't wait to go back!
Lucas and I have never celebrated Valentine's day but this year, Layla and I made him homemade gifts (Thanks Pinterest!). We invited cousin Annie over for our art project, so that she could make one for her daddy too!
 |
| Looks like Layla is eating paint here.... |
 |
| Layla hated the paint on her hands and feet, but she was a good sport. And Daddy Loved it! |
 |
| Annie Girl! Who is already sleeping through the night:):) |
After rebelling against her nap for two days, this is how Layla was Wed. morning....

Thankfully, it was just a SHORT phase and she is back to regular napping. She stayed in her bed the whole time when she wasn't napping and was just singing and talking! It was sweet. Thankfully, she is still bound to the crib.
In other big news, we are down to just 1 diaper a day now! Layla went for about a week where she consistently woke up from her nap dry. She would even take off her diaper and show me. I asked her every day if she was ready to nap in big girl panties and she said "No, I want to wear diaper". So, I didn't push it for fear that it would screw up nap time. Yesterday, she said she wanted to sleep in big girl panties. She woke up dry and chose to wear them again today! Even more than that, she has woken up about 5 mornings totally dry. Not consecutive mornings, but still I have been impressed. We have not even limited her fluids at all. I didn't know it was physically possible for them to hold it that long?? I am not waking her up in the middle of the night, so she can go pee in the zombie state. I figure it will happen when she is ready, like the naps did.
On a final note, Layla got a big Valentine surprise in the mail from Granna and Papa yesterday. Thanks to them, she had candy for dinner last night.:)
 |
| "My child is spoiled because no one will spank grandma" definitely applies here. |
Back to reading! Have a happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment