Wednesday, February 8, 2012

28!

Yesterday, I celebrated my 28th birthday.
It was a normal Tuesday, with a few special events:).
After I came home from teaching my morning spin class, Layla greeted me with a "Happy Birthday, Momma!".  We met Natalie, Katie and their babes for a yummy lunch and then we all walked around the corner for some even yummier frozen yogurt!  Lucas came home with my gift which Layla opened for me. He bought me a gift card for a spa day (YAY!) and another gift card for make-up!  He HAD been listening:)  Of course, Layla wanted to know where her present was??

The power of social media always amazes me.  Starting before I even climbed out of bed, people were wishing me a happy birthday on FB. All through my morning spin class, my phone was lighting up! I had to turn it over to keep from being distracted.  At the end, of the day I think I had about 125 birthday wishes.  That is just CRAZY! Thank you everyone.

After teaching my evening spin class, Lucas had arranged a sitter so we went out dinner.  We went to Murphy's in the Highlands and it was delicious!  It was a perfect day with many of my favorite people.

The older I get, I realize that age is just a number.  I still feel like I am in my early 20s!  If it has taken 28 years to get me to the place in life I am right now, I will welcome growing older.  Because of a lot of grace, I can say without a doubt that I am better at 28 than I have EVER been, in every area of my life.

Cheers to many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment