I want to start by wishing my sweet sister n law a Happy 19th Birthday!! Crazy to think that when Lucas and I started dating she was only 8 years old! What a joy it has been to watch her grow up. She is now a freshman in college. She is not only my sister n law but a great friend. I can always count on a laugh when we are together:) We love you Aunt Abbey and I look forward to the next years of your life:)
We had a great weekend. I really have so many things to be thankful for. Life is just really good and I cannot be more thankful for the season we are in right now. God has been really good to our family.
Saturday, we attended a birthday to a sweet one year old. Happy Birthday Kate, thank you for inviting us to be a part of your special day! Sunday we attended church. I feel like I say this every Sunday but we are so thankful for our church. Later that day, we had a surprise party for a sweet neighbor who expecting her first child. It was great to catch up with everyone. We are so blessed with great neighbors. Congrats Mike and Erica, we can't wait to meet Hamilton in just a few more weeks!!
I have to share this story about Layla. Lucas and I put her to bed tonight. Her bedroom is upstairs so every time we climb the stairs, she can hear it from her room. About five minutes after she had been in bed, Lucas and I ventured up to the office which is also upstairs. When we got to the hallways, we heard Layla yelling from her room, " Layla loves you!". She continued to repeat it about 3 or 4 times. It was the sweetest thing. I had to go in and tell her that I love her too:). Every night when we go to bed, we go through all of the family members who love her. I guess she wanted to make sure that we knew she loved us too:) what was life like before our sweet little girl?
She will be leaving us Wed-Sat to go visit Granna and Papa. They needed some Layla time, so we are meeting them half way on Wednesday. I am looking forward to getting some shopping done for Christmas and our upcoming Disney trip. I am also looking forward to some special time with my hubby:):) When she comes home Saturday, I will be ready. 3-4 days without her is about my max:)
I hope everyone is having a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment