Monday, October 10, 2011

Guess what I got for Columbus Day?

A Traffic Violation!

Ugh. I know.

I was on the way to take Layla to dance.  It is off a one way road that we only travel once a week.  With my eyes on her building in order to not miss the turn, evidently I miss the stop sign hidden behind some tree limbs.  And what do you know?  There was a cop waiting for someone to do just what I  did.

I went to get Layla out of the car in the parking lot and then realized there was a cop pulled in right behind me with his lights on.  I thought to myself, "Did I possible have a chance to reach enough speed on the short road to get a ticket?".  At this point I was still totally oblivious that there was a stop sign.  Perhaps, I have run this stop sign before?

The cop approached my car mumbling something and I said, "I'm sorry, excuse me?" because I was still trying to figure out why he had pulled me over and I couldn't understand his words.  He said in a stern reply, "I am trying to explain to you why I pulled you over".  Meanwhile, he yelled at another mom who was entering the dance studio that she needed to walk around the back of his car rather than the front.  I realized at that point, I was most definitely getting a ticket.  Guess he was just bored on Columbus Day.  Oh well, it was an honest mistake.  He also had the nerves to lecture me about small kids in the area, while I had one in my backseat.  Trust me, Mr. Police Officer, it was a mistake and I am not looking to take out any kiddos at 15mph. :)  Such is life I guess!

Layla had a great morning at dance and is looking forward to a trip to Publix after her nap to get a cookie:).

Happy Columbus Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment