Happy Monday to all. The first day of our girl's (Grammy, Natalie, Layla, and I) beach vacation was beautiful! As I expected, Layla was not a huge fan of the sand. She hated the fact that it stuck to her skin. She wanted to sit in my lap and constantly dipped her hands and feet into the bucket of water so that they were clean. She warmed up a little bit as the day progressed. Maybe tomorrow will be even better. The words "ocean, water, beach and sand" are now a part of her vocabulary. This afternoon she took a long nap and then chowed down at dinner. She ate the whole time we were at the table which is not normal for her. Her little belly was so tight:). We are looking forward to a week of beautiful weather. I just love the beach but it sure isn't the same with a toddler! I wouldn't trade this time with her for anything. It is so neat to watch her experience new things!
I finished my 8k (5 miles) on Saturday in 51 minutes. It was very hilly and humid but running with my neighbor was so much fun! I wanted to break 50 minutes but maybe next time.
My upcoming races are:
Nashville Country Music Half- April 28th
Kirkwood Spring Fling 5K- May 14th &
Peachtree Road Race 10K (Biggest one in the World)- July 4th
& maybe a repeat of the Middle TN Half in October
Looks like I better get to running:)
No comments:
Post a Comment