Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Beach Trip

We had a very relaxing week in Destin for our girl's beach trip. As always it is good to be home and settling back into a routine. Our trip was over all pretty uneventful. We just enjoyed the sunshine. Layla warmed up a little to the sand. She did seem to do better with her water shoes on. We spent a lot of time by the pool. She loved to jump in and go all the way underwater.

I did manage to enjoy a couple long runs listening to the ocean. The flatness sure was a nice break from our hills here but I did have to fight the humidity, even first thing in the morning. I also got to read a couple of books. Most reading was done in my bed at night instead under an umbrella by the beach. I was too busy building sandcastles at the beach:) I read our book club book for the month, Fated. I also read Water for Elephants. Fated was not much to write about but I really enjoyed Water for Elephants. I hope to get to see the movie here soon!

Here are a few pics from our trip!

Took these first 2 before we left. Our flowers were so pretty when they were in bloom.
Big 22 Month old!

Grammy bought her this bumble bee bathing suit


The back is so cute. And yes she has one foot in the bucket. She was constantly washing the sand off of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment