Today was a monumental day in the life of parenting for Lucas and I. Well it really wasn't that big of a deal but Layla did poop in the potty for the first time. It was not on purpose though. Now that Layla is 18 months, potty training has crossed my mind but I was not considering anything until after Christmas because it is such a hectic time anyway.
Tonight after her bath, Layla was running around naked upstairs. She was playing with Lucas is his office and running up and down the hallway. Then she paused at Lucas's desk and I saw "the look" and it occured to me that she had not gone yet today. I yelled at Lucas and said "She's about to poop on your floor"! He grabbed her up and ran to the bathroom and set her on the toilet. And what do ya know, she did her business! I knew she was done because she started reaching for the toilet paper. It was so cute. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry because my little girl is growing up. We praised her so much she probably thought we had lost it for sure. Who thought using the potty for the first time could be such a special moment :)
As for continuing/starting potty training, I am still not totally comitted but we will see how tomorrow goes!
Wow! I am both impressed and scared - not sure I'm quite ready yet...
ReplyDelete