We had a wonderful Christmas with our families. It was super busy but this year I tried to not get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle but really just sit back and take it all in. With a child of my own, I take on the perspective Mary must of had more easily (minus the virgin birth). Our lives were similar in the fact that we both carried a child for about 10 months and our love for him/her was felt way before we even saw their face. The difference in our lives is that I pray everyday that Layla would live a long healthy life so that she will see her great grandchildren. Mary probably desired that same thing for Jesus, even though their life spans were much shorter back then:) Instead, she finds out that her perfectly beautiful baby boy was going to be murdered in the harshest way for people whom Mary had never known and never would know. Maybe her sacrifice would have been much easier if he were dying for sweet "good" family members. But that was not God's plan. Jesus was born to die for all of the world no matter how great their sin. Although Mary and I are both members of the mom club, her story as mom is dramatically different from any story a mom will ever tell again. Although there are VERY hard times in Mary's story, we must always stick around until the very end because it ends well, VERY well.
And it all started with Christmas, the birthday of Jesus Christ. Since becoming a mom, the day of Jesus's birth will never be passed on as any other day. It takes me back to the immediate, overwhelming love that I had for Layla on her birthday and now the life changing love that I have for Jesus on his birthday!
Here are a few pics from Christmas:

Her Minnie Mouse gloves

Slow present opener

So Excited!

This Year...

Last Year

This Year....

Last Year

This Year...

Last Year
What a difference a year makes!
No comments:
Post a Comment