In this picture is my friend Jessica and her sweet baby Carter (10 months). We had lunch together over the holidays while I was back in TN. The story is pretty neat because I knew Jessica's husband growing up. We went to Sunday School together for as long as I can remember. He was always like a brother to me and his momma treated me as her own. Then, while I was in college, I began working at this little restaurant called through Through the Grapevine. I can't remember if Jessica was there before or after me but either way, I would say that we were immediate friends. At that time she was dating Dustin, the boy I grew up with. It is a small world for sure. We both worked at TTG for 2-3 years and during that time I became engaged and then later married to Lucas and she then became engaged and married to Dustin. Needless to say we went through major life changes in the company of each other:)
It was neat to go back and see our old boss (who we love) and catch up and watch our kids try to steal each other's food. Although we live in different states, it is friendships like these that I cherish and know they will last for a lifetime!
Jessica maybe you can clarify some of the details...your memory is much better than mine. Didn't I know you a little when we were younger too? You went to church with us for awhile as well right?
No comments:
Post a Comment