Wednesday, December 29, 2010

No, No, No!!!!!!!

Layla first learned the word "yes" a couple of months ago but we have officially entered the "NO!" stage. Lord please give me wisdom in how to deal with my child in this new stage. I have to admit, at first it was kind of cute. That was before she knew what she was really talking about. Now she is beginning to say it with attitude and the cuteness is slowly disappearing:) My favorite though is when she is doing something that I am going to tell her no for and so she starts saying no before I even can. Kids are sure a lot smarter, a lot earlier than we give them credit for!

Other than the word No, this age is definitely my favorite up to this point. I know I say that every month but the more she develops her personality and can communicate with us the sweeter it is! She has also needed a few extra hugs these days which I love, especially when she initiates them. Now when we discipline her there are huge crocodile tears and then a sweet hug usually follows. She has also started walking around the house saying "Go? Go?" while holding out her hands while she is looking for something. Just like we would do when we say " Where did it go?".

She had her 18 month check up while we were in TN for the holidays. This was her last time to see the pediatrician there. At her 2 year old check up, we will use an Atlanta doctor. I feel like a bad mother for not having the exact statistics for her baby book but the doctor visit was full of screaming. I know she was about 25 pounds 11 ounces. As far as her length I really have no idea... 30 something. I do know that she has jumped up to the 75th percentile in height and weight, so at least she is proportional right? She has her second Hepatitis A shot around 2 and then no more shots till kindergarten. PRAISE THE LORD. It just gets more heartbreaking the older it gets. This time she was screaming repeatedly "All Done!!".

We have not pushed the potty anymore since the last post but we are definitely talking about the potty during the day. She will even go to it if I ask where it is. We will be apart a week at the end of January so I think for my 27th birthday (February 7th) I am going to start potty training :)

A post with Christmas pics will be following soon!

Blessings,
LK

No comments:

Post a Comment