The end of last week was rather routine for the Kairdolf Family. I have been enjoying the cooler weather by trying to get back into running. I had gone to the physical therapist about some ailments I was having and he gave me some exercises and told me to take it slow and easy for awhile. It seems to be working, my runs have been pretty much pain free:) Although my runs are more comfortable, they have changed quite a bit from the spring. Now Layla wants to talk or sing the whole time and if I slow down she says "mom run!". Thanks for the encouragement baby.... Now when we can see the house I let her get out and run along side me. She loves it. Once her legs get just a tad longer, I will have a running partner!!
I did have a celebrity spotting this week. While we were working out at Chstain Park, we saw Andre 3K. He stood out to me because of what he had on, and as he walked by he said a polite "hi" to one of the moms in the group.
I wish I could express how much Layla is talking these days. Her expressions and sayings are hilarious. I think Lucas thinks we are crazy how we laugh at each other but we just have so much fun!
To end the week, (or to begin it) we have had a great Sunday. We are so excited about the church we have been going too. We are attending several groups to get "plugged in" this month. We have been missing this huge part of our life for over a year now and we can't wait to see how God is going to use us to be a blessing to this city that we love.
Please say a prayer for my uncle, who has been like a dad to me most of my life. He is having his 2nd back surgery in the morning. Please pray they get his pain controlled quickly, no extra bleeding, and that after rehab he will have strength back 100% in his legs. Also, pray for my aunt as she will taking care of a man who doesn't like to be still. Layla also starts dance tomorrow and his requests was video and pics so he could see could see her when he wakes up:)
I cannot post today without mentioning the 10th anniversary of September 11. I remember sitting in Ms. Sikes Psychology class my senior year of high school, when we watched the plane fly into the second tower. I knew it was devastating but I really had no grid in my life as to where to place it. It was and still is too much for me to wrap my mind around. My heart still breaks for all the families who are growing up without a mom, dad, brother, or sister. It challenges us as christians to extend grace to those who most definitely, in the world's eyes, don't deserve it. Every year, the huge impact of this tragic event challenges me to examine all the little problems in my life and realize they are by no means tragic. Surrounded by this tragedy are MANY people who need Jesus. They need Him to be the father that they lost. They need his love before a root of hate destroys the rest of their life. They need Him because he is the only Way, the Truth, and the Life. My prayer is that the Lord would lead me so that my life can be a part of showing people in this world the unfailing love of Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment